Monday, May 30, 2005

I guess I left my rear undefended.

Damnit. I had thought that the alliance between the kingdoms was nothing short of super-secure. I had expected some politics around, but I did not expect it to be THAT much.

I was totally caught unprepared when I saw the evidence with my own eyes yesterday.

The worst thing was, it came from a kingdom which I had trusted the most. I had thought of them as true friends, people who would lend us aid when needed, and we will do the same when they need it.

So, that wound on my back was probably the most painful of them all.

Et tu, Brutu?

Currently, I have no idea who to trust. I have no idea how the rest of the alliance view the action. Perhaps they all back the action of the particular kingdom, or perhaps they are all neutral.

I seriously have to tread lightly if I want to survive.

However, it makes me wonder, why had they betrayed me?

Perhaps it's a new alliance I had formed with another kingdom, one which most of those in my old circle had disliked. However, I felt that having them as a friend is more useful then having them as an enemy.

Obviously, the rest of the kingdoms did not like my move. However, I will not back down from this new alliance, one which had begun last year. It is my decision, and I stand by it. Nothing can influence me to really change my mind.

I guess we have to start playing chess again. This should be pretty interesting.

However, I really don't want to destroy the entire alliance, as so far, it has been working well, until I was fully aware of what was happening. The peace in the countries are good, with the economy booming. I don't want a war to destablise the region, as the ones who lose is ultimately my kingdom and every other kingdom.

As I've said, it's a wound on my back, not a fatal stab. I have been backstabbed before, and I will pick myself up, lick my wounds, and continue to play this deadly game.

But still, I lay awake on my bed at night, wondering how I had been blind to the changes all this while. Perhaps my old touch just isn't with me anymore, or perhaps I had placed my absolute trust into the kingdom, something which I had never done before, and probably will never do again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home